- Posting by Chidi
The Government of Alberta invites nonprofits to apply for the Every Kid Can Play (EKCP) Program. This program is designed to address affordability and accessibility challenges to sport, physical activity, and recreation (SPAR) programs for Alberta kids and their families. Through 2 grant application processes with the Government of Alberta, for Provincial-Scope organizations and Community-Level nonprofit organizations, funding is available for nonprofit organizations to reduce costs associated with the delivery, expansion, or enhancement of existing community-level programs.
To be eligible, you must be a registered organization that has been operating in Alberta for a minimum of one calendar year, and is in good standing under one of the following acts:
- Provincial legislation (Alberta)
- Agriculture Societies Act
- Part 21 of the Business Corporations Act – Extra-Provincial Corporations
- Companies Act, Part 9 (Nonprofit Companies)
- Societies Act of Alberta
- Special Act of the Alberta Legislature
- Federal legislation
- Special Act of the Parliament of Canada
- Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act and must be registered in Alberta under the Business Corporations Act (must delivery programs in Alberta)
- First Nation or Metis Settlement in Alberta
- Unregistered informal groups are required to partner with an eligible registered nonprofit organization to implement their projects.
The submission deadline is September 30, 2023, 11:59 pm.
For application details or to apply, click here.
This article was not written by us we just shared as we thought it might be helpfulClick Here to Visit Orignal Source of Article https://charityvillage.com/alberta-nonprofits-are-invited-to-apply-for-the-every-kid-can-play-program/