- Posting by Chidi
Calgary Arts Development announced that applications are now open for the Community-Run Public Art Microgrant Program 2023. Eligible organizations include community-run organizations, including informal groups that define themselves in terms of distinct communities, neighbourhood associations and nonprofit organizations or charitable organizations in Calgary. The total funding for the program is $300,000, and communities may apply for up to $10,000 to support eligible projects.
Projects must address one of the following five themes:
- Foster truth & reconciliation
- Learn about the truth of Canadian colonization and its ongoing impact on First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples.
- Explore and create paths toward reconciliation and right relations with Indigenous peoples and the land.
- Art for Social Change
- Consider how art can be a force for social change. Investigate and develop a project that could transform people’s lives, even if on a small scale. Art as activism and activism as art.
- Uncover little-known stories about the city or overlooked histories
- Team up with artists, Indigenous Elders or historians to create a project that connects people to places and spaces in different ways.
- Celebrate overlooked people and events and the diversity or diverse learnings of your community.
- Restore or uncover names of places.
- Explore stories of your community
- Create and share stories of how local businesses or community organizations tell the story of where you live and what makes your community unique.
- Bring beauty, joy, whimsy and hope
- Art doesn’t have to be political or serious. Introduce whimsy, surprise and joy to your community.
- September 25, 2023: Applications open
- November 3, 2023: Application deadline (no applications accepted after 4:30 pm MT)
- Mid to Late November 2023: Evaluation of applications
- Early December 2023: Notification of results
- December 2023: Funds distributed
For further information about the program or to apply, click here.
This article was not written by us we just shared as we thought it might be helpfulClick Here to Visit Orignal Source of Article https://charityvillage.com/applications-are-now-open-for-the-community-run-public-art-microgrant-program-2023/