- Posting by Chidi
The Government of Canada announced applications are now open to fill current and future vacancies on the National Seniors Council. The Council advises the federal government, through the Minister of Labour and Seniors and the Minister of Health, on matters relating to seniors in Canada. Such matters include, well-being, health, and quality of life of older adults, including the opportunities and challenges arising from a rapidly growing and increasingly diverse aging population. Council members are nominated based on their expertise and experience in relation to seniors issues in Canada.
Education and Experience
- A university or college diploma in a relevant field of study or an acceptable combination of education, training, and / or experience;
- A postgraduate degree would be considered an asset;
- Experience chairing boards or committees, facilitating public meetings or panel discussions and speaking to the media;
- Professional (inclusive of community organizations), academic or research experience in a field related to or affecting older adults or population aging;
- Experience working as part of a multidisciplinary research or project team and / or experience working as a member of a board or a committee, or equivalent experience;
- Experience working with older adults, particularly from one of the following groups: women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, members of a visible minority group or equity-deserving group, immigrants and 2SLGBTQI+ communities;
- Experience in interacting or partnering with the federal government or a provincial or territorial government, preferably with senior government officials, would be considered an asset and;
- A record of academic, peer-reviewed publications in a field related to older adults or population aging would be considered an asset.
Application Deadline: October 3, 2023.
For further information about the National Seniors Council or to apply, click here.
This article was not written by us we just shared as we thought it might be helpfulClick Here to Visit Orignal Source of Article https://charityvillage.com/applications-are-now-open-for-the-national-seniors-council/