- Posting by Chidi
Youth Employment Services (YES) helps Toronto’s marginalized and vulnerable youth find and maintain employment. The YES Mentorship Program aims to connect youth to expert mentors (Industry Leaders) in order to build capacity, employability, networks and foster entrepreneurship in young people through establishing supportive, caring and trusting relationships with mentors.
By participating in this program, you will be receiving all of the amazing benefits associated with being a mentor. You will have the opportunity to refine your own leadership skills, develop talent for future prospects of your profession and get personal satisfaction from making a difference to the career development of a mentee in need! Soon you will be able to engage in mentoring relationship with a client by receiving monthly mentorship introductions with a mentee to make a positive impact on their lives.
Join our YES Mentorship Hub through the MentorCity platform, giving hundreds of youth the opportunity to seek and find mentors to help guide them in their career journey or entrepreneurial endeavours! We are looking for volunteers of diverse professional background. Mentors from Ottawa, Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg and Toronto are welcome to apply!
As an Industry Leader (expert mentor), you would:
- Have over 5 years of professional experience.
- Develop caring, nurturing and supportive relationships with vulnerable youth as they join the workforce.
- Be a caring adult and positive role model encouraging and coaching mentees to meet their career goals
- Work collaboratively with the YES Coordinator to provide critical feedback informing ongoing engagement with mentees
- Create a Mentor Profile on the YES Mentorship Hub
- Learn best practices on being a mentor
- Create a customizable mentorship match based on your availability and preferences
- Receive a Vulnerable Sector Search Police Reference Check Clearance
- Be willing to share your career discovery story
- Enjoy interacting and engaging with diverse youth
- Be an advocate for youth development
- Active listening skills
- Participate in our pre-screening process, emails and phone calls
All interested applicants please email Carolina G’ala at email@example.com.
This article was not written by us we just shared as we thought it might be helpfulClick Here to Visit Orignal Source of Article https://charityvillage.com/become-a-mentor-for-youth-across-canada/