- Posting by Chidi
The ADP Canada monthly Happiness@Work Index (Index) for May 2023 reveals Gen Zs are bouncing back from their lowest score to date in April. Those located in Alberta, on the contrary, are showing the steepest month-over-month decrease in their Work Happiness Scores.
The National Work Happiness Score for May 2023 is 6.7/10, representing an increase of 0.1 points from April 2023.
May 2023 Happiness@Work Index Highlights
- National Work Happiness Score: 6.7/10 (+0.1) *
- Indicator Breakdown
- Primary Indicator: 6.9/10 (+0.1) *
- Secondary Indicators:
- Work-Life Balance and Flexibility: 6.9/10
- Compensation and Benefits: 6.3/10 (+0.1) *
- Recognition and Support: 6.7/10 (+0.2) *
- Options for Career Advancement: 6.1/10 (+0.2) *
The May Index reveals that the primary indicator of worker happiness is at 6.9, an increase from April (6.8/10) and means that 44 percent of workers in Canada say they feel satisfied with their current roles and responsibilities. The top secondary indicators continue to be work-life balance and recognition. Despite compensation & benefits and options for career advancement showing the lowest levels of satisfaction across all secondary indicators, they have improved when compared to April.
The May Index also reveals positive changes for most Canadian workers across generations and regions around their feelings of happiness in the workplace:
National Work Happiness Score: Generational Snapshot
- Boomers (56-75): 7.2/10 (-0.1) *
- Gen-Z (18-24): 6.9/10 (+0.5) *
- Millennials (25-40): 6.8/10 (+0.2) *
- Gen-X (41-55): 6.5/10
Regional Work Happiness Score Snapshot
- Québec: 7.0/10 (+0.4) *
- Atlantic Canada: 7.0/10 (+0.4) *
- British Columbia: 6.9/10
- Ontario: 6.6/10
- Sask/Manitoba: 6.5/10 (+0.4) *
- Alberta: 6.5/10 (-0.4) *
For further information about the May Happiness@Work Index, click here.
*Variation against April 2023 scores
This article was not written by us we just shared as we thought it might be helpfulClick Here to Visit Orignal Source of Article https://charityvillage.com/adp-canada-happinesswork-index-canadian-workers-feel-happier-in-may/