- Posting by Chidi
As part of the Community Climate Transitions Innovation Fund, Tamarack Institute is offering funding for six climate-related projects in communities across Canada. Eligible projects will help communities mitigate and/or adapt to climate change, focusing on innovative, participatory, equitable, and multisolving approaches.
The goals of the Innovation Fund are to:
- Support and resource community ideas;
- Develop community capacities;
- Ensure lived experience and community expertise are prioritized in this process.
- Help shift power structures and advance various forms of justice (e.g., involving those impacted in decision making, fair distribution of benefits and burdens)
Eligibility requirements, organizations must:
- Represent a nonprofit, community organization or resident-led group, municipality*, or multi-sector collaborative focused on developing community-level solutions that advance a just and equitable climate transition.
- Include a minimum of two people leading the planning and implementation of the project;
- Be fiscally and legally based in Canada. Projects submitted for funding should also be based in a Canadian province or territory;
- Propose an existing or new project that is aligned with the Innovation Fund’s Guiding Principles (see below);
- Be a member of Tamarack’s Community Climate Transitions network (consult our Membership Package to learn more);
- Start the project within 2 months of receiving the grant;
- Run the project for 6 to 12 months;
- Share a budget which includes a maximum of 20% for overhead costs and;
- Representatives must have financial authority or authorization from a senior-level representative of the organization to sign and agree to all the terms and conditions of the Funding Agreement.
Grants range from $2,000 to $10,000, supported through the Definity Insurance Foundation.
Application deadline: August 24, 2023
For further information about the fund or to apply, click here.
This article was not written by us we just shared as we thought it might be helpfulClick Here to Visit Orignal Source of Article https://charityvillage.com/applications-are-now-open-for-the-community-climate-transitions-innovation-fund/