- Posting by Chidi
The Black Opportunity Fund(BOF) aims to help dismantle the impacts of systemic anti-Black racism by allocating resources to community organizations which undertake initiatives that impact the quality of life in Canada’s Black communities. At this time, BOF is providing grants in support of two (2) program streams – Education, and Health. The stream selected should reflect the primary focus of the proposed project activities.
Below are some examples of priority focus issues in the areas of education and health:
- Digital access/communication cross Canada connecting Black educators, parents and kids who can interact
- Peer-to-peer mentorship programs
- Educational resources
- Implicit bias training
- Accountability for health inequities faced by Black Canadians
- Social isolation/mental health
- Must be a *Black-led and **Black-serving organization;
- Must be a registered Canadian not-for-profit organization or charity;
- Must have an existing project in the areas of education or health, which meets the granting program criteria, or a proposed project for which initial funding has already been secured;
- Must have an online web presence (i.e. website, social media, etc.);
- Must be able to show up-to-date financial statements;
- Must be able to provide a project budget for the initiative for which funding is being sought;
- Organization cannot have any outstanding tax debt – or should have an up-to-date payment plan (demonstrating at least two (2) months of on time payment of outstanding tax debt);
- Organization cannot have declared bankruptcy
Black Opportunity Fund recognizes and is committed to reducing the power imbalances inherent to funder/fundee relationships and to using an anti-oppression and intersectional lens. We use trust-based participatory decision-making processes so the communities who are most impacted by our work have a say in how we carry out our mandate.
For more details, click HERE.
Please direct your questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This article was not written by us we just shared as we thought it might be helpfulClick Here to Visit Orignal Source of Article https://charityvillage.com/black-opportunity-fund-offering-grants-for-education-and-health-focused-initiatives/