- Posting by Chidi
Canadians are pivoting in their day-to-day routines. Businesses are also pivoting. The charitable sector is long overdue for a pivot. GIV3 announces the launch of Pivoter.org, a unique crowdsourcing platform, free and open to all Canadians to post and share ideas, add their voices, and have their votes counted towards a better social/nonprofit sector.
Pivoter.org leverages the ‘wisdom of many’ to help develop solutions to many such systemic problems, including:
- A growing ‘Charity Gap’: The increasing demands on charitable services by those in need are outpacing the sector’s ability to meet that demand.
- Our social problems have lingered for far too long: Gender bias, racism, environmental deterioration, human rights abuse, etc. Our current solutions are failing to adequately address and resolve them.
- Many of the laws and regulations guiding the nonprofit sector are 75+ years old. We need new policies to allow more social innovation.
Pivoter.org is a civic movement, inviting all Canadians to offer their bold, new ideas for stronger government policies, programs, and campaigns to empower the pivot:
- FREE to join – inclusive, transparent, and democratic.
- Participants control their own account, for as little or as much as they like, over time.
- Active participants can win a $5,000 donation to a registered Canadian charity of their choice. (Random draw: February 28, 2022)
- Participants can;
- SHARE their ideas
- ENHANCE ideas shared by others,
- RATE/VOTE the many posted ideas,
- FOLLOW those ideas they feel strongly about over time.
Pivoter.org is an initiative of GIV3, in partnership with CanadaHelps and other like-minded organizations.
This article was not written by us we just shared as we thought it might be helpfulClick Here to Visit Orignal Source of Article https://charityvillage.com/introducing-pivoter-org-a-unique-crowdsourcing-platform-for-canadas-nonprofit-sector/