- Posting by Chidi
The Canadian Race Relations Foundation (CRRF) seeks to support organizations to combat racism, promote events and education, and build a more anti-racist society. Their $3 million National Anti-Racism Fund (the Fund) will be disbursed over two years.
Applications must align with one or more of the following themes and objectives:
- Systemic racial barriers: Reducing barriers to inclusion by addressing systemic racism in education, healthcare, the justice system, public services, employment, and public life.
- Research and education: Promoting and increasing availability and accessibility of data, evidence, and community insights on race relations in Canada.
- Public awareness: Informing public policies by highlighting systemic and institutional barriers.
- Cultural and intercultural community building: Creating cross-cultural opportunities through discussions and dialogue on race, religion, building awareness, and collaborations.
In addition, projects or events should be designed to achieve one or more of the following results:
- Increase public awareness of public policy issues related to race relations, anti-racism, or anti-hate nationally, regionally, or in local communities;
- Increase public awareness of Canada’s cultural diversity;
- Increase awareness of factors such as race, culture, ethnicity, or religion that may be hindering full participation of the entire Canadian population in society and the economy;
- Increase knowledge and capacity within communities to address racism and discrimination.
There are three types of funding within this grant. Each funding stream has different criteria and different amounts of available funding. All proposals for projects, events, or initiatives must include a detailed schedule, with a completion date no later than December 31, 2023.
The application portal will open at 9:00 AM EST on Tuesday, January 4, 2022, and close at 9:00 PM EST on Friday, January 28, 2022, for project-based applications. It will remain open for Event sponsorships and Youth initiative sponsorships until December 2022.
Click here for more information, including on the 3 funding streams and eligibility requirements.
This article was not written by us we just shared as we thought it might be helpfulClick Here to Visit Orignal Source of Article https://charityvillage.com/the-national-anti-racism-fund-now-accepting-applications/