- Posting by Chidi
CanadaHelps today released a year-end report card highlighting the ways Canadians have stepped up to help charities in 2021. As of November 30, 2021, donations through CanadaHelps totalled $304 million. This represents a year-over-year increase of 6.9%, which is a significant drop compared to the tremendous growth in online giving seen in year one of the pandemic (116% year-over-year increase), and below the pre-pandemic growth rate of 21% in 2019. The softening of growth in online giving comes at a time when demand for charity services is rising, and 42% of charities are not able to meet the current level of demands.
Despite these challenges, CanadaHelps observed five positive giving trends this year:
- More Canadians Made Multiple Donations: Donors making two or more donations on CanadaHelps.org increased by 87.2% versus last year.
- Monthly Giving is on the Rise: The number of Canadians that established monthly giving plans increased by 23.6%. Monthly gifts now make up 10.3% of total donations.
- More Donors are Leveraging the Extra Tax Benefits of Security Donations: Donations of securities, including stocks, bonds, and mutual funds, increased by 52% and have raised 99% more in donations versus last year. Securities represent 7.3% of total donations.
- Younger Donors Emerge: Of the 12% of Canadians that have increased the amount of money they donated to charity amid the pandemic, 17% are younger Canadians (aged 18-34) — that’s more than any other age group.
- Charities and Donors Demonstrated Great Resilience: Charities launched new virtual and hybrid fundraising strategies to replace in-person events and Canadians responded. Ticketed events this year grew by 49% while revenue from charity walks, runs, and other “thons” increased by 52%.
Further insights on online giving trends are available here.
This article was not written by us we just shared as we thought it might be helpfulClick Here to Visit Orignal Source of Article https://charityvillage.com/year-end-report-card-from-canadahelps-reveals-positive-giving-trends-despite-serious-challenges-facing-charities/